Happy Sunday

We went to Horseland today, to buy a new saddle for the kewl girls.
The person who came over to serve us was not in a very kewl mood. In fact, she was in a very miserable, sour and nasty mood. When I asked if the girls could sit on the saddle we were looking at buying she made a face like I'd just asked her to give me her right arm. Then she got all offended and upset when I decided I didn't actually like the saddle and wasn't going to spend a stupid amount of money on it. She picked it up and slammed it back on it's stand, then turned around to glare at us while we made our exit.

It was at this point that Miss J and Miss F started singing.

Happy Sunday to you!
Happy Sunday to you!
Happy Sunday meanie horse ladyyy....
Happy Sunday to you!

Pip!
Ray!

7 comments:

Melody said...

Your girls are little treasures they are! I hope that chick serving you thought about her actions after you left? I'd hope so...

Anonymous said...

I sometimes make a game out of sour puss people. I become determined to get some positive emotion out of them prior to me exiting the shop. Often I will bet on being able to crack a smile from them.

Maybe the saddle was meant for her?

Lin said...

My strategy with people like that is "kill 'em with kindness" too. The ruder they get, the friendlier I get. Usually. Sometimes they unleash the monster in me and I end up storming out to prevent myself from physically attacking them!

But I think your girls' reaction was the best!

jeanie said...

I like Lin's strategy, although I have also been known to say "honey, it is going to be a LONG day for you if you keep this albatross of an attitude hanging around your neck"

Anonymous said...

priceless!

Pencil Writer said...

Great and KEWL girls--per usual!
And I love Jeanie's comment, too! Often in those situations I say a silent prayer for those persons so steeped in some misery they're willing to share. Never know what's eating at them.

And, of course, I'VE NEVER been cranky . . . but then, I'm not kewl like you ladies--but I'm trying! Love your posts.

Unknown said...

I think your girls are fabulous but full credit must be given to the mother who helped them find that way of looking at life :-)