The fine art of feeding

I've been breastfeeding for a while now. I nursed Miss F and Miss J until they weaned themselves when I was around 6 months pregnant with their sister. Then Miss V arrived and she has been nursing for two years. My point being - I think it's safe to say that by now, we have it down to a pretty fine art.

So, imagine my confusion when tonight, instead of latching on properly, Miss V missed her mark. She missed her mark by a lot. I looked down at her sucking away happily, seemingly oblivious to the fact she was a good distance away from her target.

Then she looked at me and said, "Yum. Chocolate."

Umm.. Note to self: Chocolate goes IN mouth. Not down top.

8 comments:

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

LOL - my boys go for my huge twin belly button as a tease ..

Were you hiding it ...I never miss a crumb of chocolate what little I get to inhale.

Anonymous said...

Funny!! It seems like breastfeeding stories are some of the most popular ones from mommies...everyone has a tale to tell.

jeanie said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I have a large mole on the inside of one of my arms - as a joke, 'Salina used to pretend to lunge for it!

Melody said...

That is hilariuos! Lucky it wasn't a piece of chilli! *heehee*

Anonymous said...

hehehehehe...love it.

Pencil Writer said...

Mmmmmmmm. You've diversified! Thanks for the chuckle. I miss nursing my kids. With a 21 year old as my youngest, it's been a long time since those days.

It was such a wonderful, bonding, comforting experience with all 4 of my children. Sigh.

Alison said...

LOL Trish, I wasn't hiding it intentionally!

Preschool mama - I love breastfeeding stories, but then I love most (positive) stories about kids.

Jeanie - 'Salina has one awesome sense of humor!

Melody - Or worse! Vegetables!

Megan - Yeah.. So did Miss V *giggle*

PW - I bet it was hard to imagine your little one's all grown up when you were nursing them. It is a wonderful and special time, and it goes so darn quickly!

Unknown said...

Oh the joy of being a woman :-)