Pimple face

Miss V was lying with me this morning, gazing lovingly into my eyes, when she pointed at a red spot on my chin and asked, "What's that?!"
I told her it was a pimple.
She pointed again. "There's another one."
Me, "Yes V."
V, "Look! More!"
Me, "Yes, V."
V, "And MORE!"
Me, "OK, V."
V, "They're EVERYWHERE!"
Me, "No need to rub it in, honey."
V, "Not rubbing. Pointing."
Me, "Of course you are. Sorry."
V, "Count?"
Me, "If you have to.."
V, "Onnneee.... Twwwwoooo..... Thrreeee... Twenty more - a hundred!!
Me, "OK darling. Do you mind if I get a second opinion? Miss F?"
F, "She's right, mum."
Fabulous.

I maintain that my current complexion issues have NOTHING to do with eating too much chocolate and everything to do with those gotta love 'em hormones.

And just for the record, my children exaggerate.

A lot.

7 comments:

Debby said...

Oh the joys! Did you ever, in your wildest dreams imagine that breakouts would happen once you got past your teens?

Sad but true comment. I started to get concerned about the lines around my eyes, and bought myself some of the retinol cream that was all the rage. I found that I was at that awkward stage...my anti-wrinkle cream gave me zits.

Who'd'a thunk it?

Anonymous said...

lol....I hate it when kids squeeze the truth out of us!

Pencil Writer said...

Kids keep us humble? There day will come, though. We gotta luv 'em right along, though, 'cause they keep us humble.

Pencil Writer said...

'Scuse me. I think "their" day is slightly more correct. See, your girls are even keeping me humble!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.