"Mummy, I'm pregnant......."

"April fools!!!!!"

And now that I have your attention...

My name is Alison, and I am a bad blogger.

I used to love this blog so much and felt like I was missing out on something really important if I did not get to sit down with it almost daily. The online community I felt part of was like a second family that I'd come to rely on. I've shared so much of my self, of this family and of our journey here - and gained so much support from so many wonderful people I have the privilege to call friends.
These last few months, "real" life has picked us up and swept us away like a big, exciting tidal wave, and I feel guilty for leaving the blog behind.
But I'm also excited - SO very excited - about the wave of change and new adventures we are riding...

The Kewl Krew are running away to join the circus!

Actually, we are running away to run the circus.... Kind of...

It's a long story, but here it is in a nutshell:

When Daddy Kewl and I were in the circus, the Head Honcho dude was a guy known as everyone's "Favourite Uncle". He ran the circus then, and when it eventually disbanded, he kept the hundreds upon hundreds of circus freaks and carni folk connected by what we called "Cirque" (pretty original name we came up with for a bunch of so called "creative" people, huh?).
Cirque Head Quarters (HQ) were based in Sydney, with connections to people all over Australia and eventually branching out into the world. The HQ itself grew in size and capacity, and the Cirque network gradually expanded to include all kinds of people working in the creative industries.

In 2008, a whole bunch of Cirque people came to our home for the Freak Fest. While they were here, I was pregnant with Zy, he was diagnosed with Cri-du-chat syndrome, he was born very prematurely, and he died. It was a massive time for our family, and I am so very thankful that our Freak Family were here to help us through it.

Not long after Zy died, there was a big falling out between some of the Freaks. Quite honestly, myself, Sammi and "Favourite Uncle" were at the centre of it. "Favourite Uncle" did something unforgivable and showed himself as an incestuous, controlling, manipulative man, and in standing up to him I caused a massive rift between a handful of people who were aware of the full details, and the rest of the Cirque community.

In response, "Favourite Uncle" did what any incestuous, controlling, manipulative, slime ball of a man with no spine would do when confronted with his dishonesty - He slandered me to absolutely everyone who would listen, and he drank himself to death.

It was only then that the full story began to come out, and the Cirque community came together once more to grieve the loss of the Favourite Uncle we thought we knew, and to heal the wounds he had caused.

Er... Believe it or not, this really is the condensed version...! Bare with me, I'm almost there!

A few weeks ago, a mob of Cirque freaks showed up at our place for a spontaneous get together. We decided to go to the Fringe Festival in Adelaide to support another freak, and while we were there, the Freaks became aware of some interesting information.

When "Favourite Uncle" died, he left me Cirque.

Everything is now in my name.

And it seems that many people are keen for me to take over.

So may people, in fact, that I have decided to accept.

Yep.... The Kewl Krew are running away to Sydney, to run Cirque.

In the end, it was Miss V who talked me into it when she said,

"We are the weirdest people at home without even trying. I want to go be around people who are MORE weird than me. Then I could be even weirder!"

10 comments:

Fe said...

OH Ali!! SUCH exciting news!!!!!!

And what a weird bloke he was... to malign and then to ultimately bequest you what was such a huge part of his life.

I shall overlook all of that to SWING FROM THE RAFTERS (if I had any) to represent the entire population of Sydney in saying "YIPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!" and "When can we cook you all dinner?"

xoxoxo

MissyBoo said...

How very exciting! You'll remember to blog won't you... and not forget those of us still in the virtual lands?

Brenda said...

That's awesome news, Al! So happy for you. And the kewl kids?! They must be over the moon!!!

Melody said...

My goodness - what a life you have lead and WILL now lead!!

What a strange man to bequest everything to you, obviously he knew he did wrong and this is one way he wanted to get you to forgive him. Perhaps?

Anyway, best wishes to you and your 'weird' gang. May life treat you well...

BB said...

Good Lord Al. Are you quite sure you are not living in some kind of novel? Life is truly stranger (and weirder and more wonderful) than fiction, no?

Keep us posted please... you will need the notes for the book, you know!
:-)
BB

jeanie said...

:) Best of luck!!!

0 said...

That is really, really, really Kewl :)
Sorry Favourite Uncle turned out to be such a nasty piece of work, but I'm glad things have resolved themselves, in a way. Kewl Karma at work!

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

That is so exciting and wild! I can't wait to meet you and the girls in real life!
I hope you guys travel well!

Unknown said...

dance dance dance

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Ali, I am still here. Though I may have stopped reading your blog for a while (hence I missed this post but tnot th news of it).
It's not because I don't want to....it all twitter's fault too.
I just haven't had the time. I think about you kewl friends often. You'al hold a special place in my life even if we haven't met in person ...YET. I hope we can see you when you come down on the 12th.